Sculptra Aesthetic is different, it works with your body’s natural ability to stimulate collagen. A safe bio-compatible material, poly-L-Acid (PLLA) beads are injected deep within the skin’s dermis to restore volume and improve skin quality. Unlike our hyaluronic acid fillers, results are not instant they happen gradually over months, 2-3 treatments are usually required and are spaced every 8-12 weeks. As a result there is a more subtle natural restoration of the facial hollows and folds that has been shown to last up to two years.
To see if you are a good candidate for this incredible collagen restorative treatment, book a Sculptra consultation with expert Dr. Nicole Clement today.Book your Consultation
Why we love it:
- Gradually stimulates your own collagen over time
- Gives a natural, more rested appearance
- Improves skin quality and texture
- Can be used in the face or body
- Safe with other dermal fillers
- Builds volume that lasts up to 2 years!
When to do Sculptra:
- You want a more youthful appearance without looking “done”
- Need a “framework” to which Hyaluronic Acid fillers can be layered upon
- Concerned with hollowness and/or loss of volume, sculptra is more cost effective
- Not for patients who require instant gratification
- Want to reverse aging in chest, hands, neck, and buttocks
What to expect
Treatment takes about one hour to perform. Afterwards most patients can go back to normal activity. There maybe some swelling, tenderness and mild to moderate bruising. Generally 1-2 vials are injected at a time. Total vials needed depends on your level of volume loss. But generally one vial per decade of life is recommended.
After the procedure, patients needs to follow the 5-5-5 formula. The injected area should be gently massaged 5 times a day for 5 minutes for at least 5 days.
Results are not immediate. Generally takes 3-6 months to start seeing results but patients will still continue to see improvements through 9 months. At this time full results are seen. Sculptra will last up to 2 years once the series of treatments are completed.